Dentures are removable replacement teeth that can restore a full or partial set of teeth. They are customized to fit your mouth and can be used for cosmetic or restorative purposes. Dentures can help you regain your confidence and smile.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are removable prosthetic teeth that replace missing natural teeth. They can be divided into two types: partial dentures and complete dentures.
Partial dentures are used to replace one or more missing teeth. A gum-colored base is attached to the gums, while artificial teeth fill the gap left by the missing teeth.
Complete dentures are used to replace all of the missing teeth in the upper and lower jaws. They are attached to the gums with dental adhesives
What Are the Benefits of Dentures?
- Dentures can help improve your appearance by replacing missing teeth and restoring your facial structure.
- They can help improve your speech by correcting pronunciation issues caused due to missing teeth.
- Dentures can help prevent bone loss by distributing the bite force on your jaw bone.
- They can help restore your chewing, biting, and digestive functions by allowing you to eat foods without restrictions.
- Dentures can boost your self-esteem by improving your smile.
What Is the Procedure for Getting Dentures?To get dentures, the dentist will take an impression of your mouth after a complete oral checkup, which is sent to the dental lab. The fabrication process for dentures can take up to two weeks, depending on each patient's unique needs. After the denture is manufactured, we will place it in your mouth and advise you on how to care for it so that it lasts longer and works effectively for you.
Highland Dental Care, located in Denver, CO, is equipped with the best dentists and modern technologies. Call us at (303) 455-3838 to schedule an appointment at our dental practice.